Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More

Forums

1. Welcome

1. Special Announcements

Here you can read the latest announcements of special importance. This may include notice of changes to the clubsmartcar website or very special events in the smart community. You will also find our rules of conduct and other general information about the site. Only Mods can initiate posts in this forum. (If you have an announcement talk to your local mod and ask them to post it for you.)

Here you can discuss issues related to the website or forums.

Come say Hi! Start your own thread, introduce yourself, post updates and pictures, check out the history of other members.

1. One-off Questions and Other Things Asked Often!

This forum is dedicated to answering quick questions from new members and old members alike. If you have no inclination to search for answers and more thorough explanations in another dedicated forum, then this is the place to post. Must be smart car related! Inappropriate content will be deleted without warning.

Topics in this forum should be of general interest and directly related to the smart car community, but don't belong in one of our many specific forums elsewhere on the site. Please do NOT post topics in here about maintenance and operation, or parts, wheels and cars for sale, Those topics will be moved without notice. New and old members alike should post in the 'One-off Questions and Other Things Asked Often!' forum if just wanting to ask quick one-off types of questions, or to ask for help with something.

Press releases, articles, publication reviews, on television, as seen in the entertainment industry... What's being said about the smart car and by who? Find out.

Visit this forum to learn more about the smart car's fuel economy, emissions, and ecological impacts. Members can also share their mileage results and learn about ways of driving their smart efficiently. This is also a forum to discuss vehicle (and driver!) modifications related to improving fuel economy, and any instrumentation devices used to monitor fuel economy in realtime, such as the Scangauge.

This forum is for discussion about the production and distribution of smart cars. If you want to know the quantity of vehicles in each province or country, visit here! We maintain lists of special edition smarts, often with the VIN # when possible. This is also the place to visit if you need help with tracking your smartie. It could be in the factory, on a ship, on a train -- or at your dealership!

1. Operation and Maintenance: 450 Model, 2005-2006, diesel

For General Operation and Maintenance discussions specific to the 450 cdi (diesel) sold in Canada as 2005 and 2006 models.

2. Operation and Maintenance: 451 Model, 2008-2015, gasoline

For General Operation and Maintenance discussions specific to the 451 Model, sold in the US and Canada beginning with the 2008 model year and ending with the 2015 model year, gasoline engine only.

3. Modifications and Performance: 450 Model, 2005-2006, diesel

For Modification and Performance discussions specific to the 450 cdi (diesel) sold in Canada as 2005 and 2006 models.

4. Modifications and Performance: 451 Model, 2008-2015, gasoline

For General Operation and Maintenance discussions specific to the 451 Model, sold in the US and Canada beginning with the 2008 model year and and ending with the 2015 model year, gasoline engine only.

How-To Technical Articles specific to the 450 cdi (diesel) sold in Canada as 2005 and 2006 models.

6. How-To: 451 Model, 2008-2015, gasoline

For General Operation and Maintenance discussions specific to the 451 Model, sold in the US and Canada beginning with the 2008 model year and ending with the 2015, gasoline engine only.

A forum to discuss the smart Electric Drive and its technical aspects

A forum for discussions surrounding the 453 model smart fortwo and its technical aspects

1. Auto Talk

This forum is for all discussions about non-smart automobiles - technical characteristics, marketing, opinions, new technology, your other cars and more!

For off-topic posting. NO POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS PERMITTED. Have something to say that isn't quite related to smart cars such as a marriage or birth announcement? While not "everything" goes, this is the place to post topics that don't really belong in one of the other forums.

A place to discuss the environment and our impact on it. Not necessarily smart car specific but topics should be of interest to the smart car community.

1. Buyer's Guide

A place to talk about smart car configurations, options & accessories to help you in your big decision. Also a place to discuss the various aspects of acquiring parts or vehicles, how to price a used vehicle, and things to look for when purchasing a used smart.

2. Member Classifieds - Parts and Accessories

This is the Buy & Sell forum for smart car parts and accessories including wheels and tires. No commercial posts permitted in this forum. Listings of smart cars for sale are now in a dedicated forum.

3. Member Classifieds - smart cars for sale

This is the Buy & Sell forum for personal listings of smart cars for sale. No dealer listings permitted in this forum.
      Before posting, please read the topic titled "PLEASE READ FIRST" to understand how to format your listing.

Looking for something special for your smart? This is where you'll find it. Have a smart car related business? This is the place to advertise it. Note: All posts must contain item description and pricing as opposed to linking elsewhere. Posts with links only will be deleted.

Dealers selling smart cars post offers and ads here.

6. Stuff I've Found / Stuff I'm Looking For

A place to post links or info about parts, accessories, tools... anything really... that you found a good deal on or that you are trying to locate. Or if you want to give a shout out to a business that treated you right. No commercial posting allowed!

Karma Based Area to trade/swap/give away smart car stuff - not for stuff to sell!

1. Canada Wide Events and Trip Reports

This forum is for discussion of Canada Wide events. Feel free to post your cross-Canada trip reports here with photos.

This forum is for events and regionally specific discussions for Southern Ontario, including London and all places between Niagara and Windsor and north to Tobermory. Excludes the Greater Toronto Area.

3. Ottawa, Toronto and The Rest of Ontario

This forum is for events and regionally specific discussions for all places in Ontario between the Greater Toronto Area and Ottawa, including Hamilton, Burlington, Barrie, Belleville, Kingston and then west to the Manitoba border.

smart Marmot's Lair - This forum is for events and regionally specific discussions on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands

This forum is for events and regionally specific discussions for all areas of BC outside of Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands.

This forum is for events and regionally specific discussions for all places in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba

7. Atlantic Canada - Quebec to Cape Spear

This forum is for events and regionally specific discussions for all areas of Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador

8. United States and The Rest of the World

This forum is for events and regionally specific discussions for all areas outside of Canada.

• Yes I have one out, on my bench ready to go. (the one I texted you pictures of the other night)  It would cost about $20.00 to ship it through Canada Post. + the cost of the part.  Honestly, if I were you I'd get the new one from the place Izzy mentioned above. $78.00 is pretty cheap. 
    • Just for clarification, you’re right interested in the hose that connects the EGR to the intake manifold? The one you have with the picture?   I’ll have @Avenge95 pull one out of the car (he might already have one off) and give you a quote with shipping. Him and I share our part cars together.   Alternatively, there’s a smart car/Mercedes guy out by Richmond BC. His site has one for $78 + tax brand new (OEM MB part).   https://shop.flyingtiger.ca/index.php?p=product&id=2745   He’s known as Eddy Lai and he’s actually here on the forum as well.  
    • "Rule #1: Never loose money.  Rule #2: Never forget Rule #1." Warren Buffett
    • Noted on the tagging and hose not seal.  How much to ship your spare 2inch outside diameter turbo main hose to Vancouver all in?  604-780-7135.  Feel free to text or call.  
    • Hello once again!   Even I have been "locked out" of CsC for about half a year. I cannot login on any new machines I use, but an old laptop seems to be working finally.... and I was able to even get into the ADMIN CP. That means I can make some changes to the site, even without having the actual keys to the domain or the hosting.   Anybody needing to reach me, and if you are having difficulty,contact Izzy (stickman007) n as he has my PHONE #.   I will poke around and see what needs attention, and see what I can do.   There may be some folks wanting to tune up CsC with a view to preserving what we have for the future....   FYI - As of 2024 - I do not own a smart - I last owned a smart briefly in the fall of 2021 - being I think my tenth official car with my name on it? Let me check that...... no I think it's 9:   pulse coupe pure cab pulse coupe (bought just to get Crossblade wheels) pure coupe gas canada 1 cab canada 1 coupe pure coupe gas pulse cab passion cab gas (took in trade, and traded the same week)   Order close but may be out a tiny wee bit?   My current daily driver is a JDM RHD 2007 Prius with 91000 kms on it - bought last August at 73000